Having company is all that we desire. A person seeks the company of the other. And having a pet is no less than a blessing. Cats are one of the most adopted pets across the world. When anyone hears “cat” an instant image is formed in that person’s mind, a little adorable furry animal that looks like a ball of cotton. Apart from this adorableness and cuteness, people generally know less about their pets. And a true feline lover knows a lot about their cat. To know your pet better one should know about their breeds and their respective behaviours, after all, each breed has its unique characteristics. Dubai pet food offers all kinds of cat foods and daily care material. So stir up the real feline lover in you and learn about the different breeds of cats. There are more than 50 breeds of cats around the world The International Cat Association recognises 58.
Major Cat Breeds
Here is a list of all major breeds of cats to feed your love for cats:
- American Shorthair: These domestic cats have descended from the cats in Europe. These cats were brought to North America by Mayflower. They are larger than their counterparts in Europe and live a longer life, 15-20 years of lifespan. They have silky hairs and are quiet in nature.
- Abyssinian: These cats are thought to be originated in Ethiopia. It is one of the oldest breeds of cats. They are small, are lightweight and have a distinctive ticked tabby coat. These cats are known for their love of heights.
- Ragdoll: These are known to be one of the affectionate and careful. They have blue eyes and are muscular in build, have a distinct colorpoint. They usually follow their owners from room to room.
- Birman: It is a domestic cat breed originated in Burma. They are known as they protectors of temples and are thought to be sacred. These are large in size and weigh around 8 to 10 pounds. They have blue eyes and pointy ears.
- Maine coon: These are one of the largest and oldest breeds of cats. They are good at hunting skills. They weigh between 15 to 25 pounds. They are native to the state of Maine and hence the name. These are one of the most popular domesticated breeds.
- Oriental shorthair: It’s closely related to Siamese and has the same body type. They have a different range of coat colours and patterns. They have an average lifespan of 15 years. These cats bond deeply with their owners.
- Siamese: A distinctly recognised Asian cat breed. They are very athletic and verbally chat with their owners. They have unique dark patches on the face, paws, ears and tail. They have a blue almond shaped like eyes.
- Persian: These are the most popular cats. They have long hairs compared to other breeds and need grooming every day. These cats are amiable. They basically love being indoors.
- Sphynx: These cats are known for the lack of their coats, though they have really fine hairs, are not hairless. They are also known as naked climbers. They are athletic and have different skin colours.
- Exotic Shorthair: These cats are the short haired versions of Persian breed. They have a short dense coat. They have a squashed face and round ears. They have a similar temperament as the Persian breed.
Many other breeds include names like Bengal cats, Australian mist, American bobtail, Bambino, Cyprus, Egyptian Mau,Munchkin,Sokoke, Ukrainian Levkoy etc. Your cat requires good food and caring for it to remain the bundle of love that it is.